Sewing and Garment Construction
This practical programme is designed to take you from little (or no) sewing experience to becoming proficient in using industrial machines to create complete garments. Students are taught machine handling skills, production sewing and full garment construction techniques to industry standard. This programme creates the opportunity to run your own small business from home – Sewtec offers ongoing business mentoring to support your business startup.
This programme is runs over four days per week for nineteen weeks. For two days per week enjoy structured tutorials with industry experienced tutors who will show you the ‘tricks of the trade’. For the rest of the week, use our premises to complete the practical self-directed study sessions while still having access to tutors who can assist as required. If you choose to complete the self-directed study at your home you must have access to an industrial machine – we can assist you in purchasing a machine if required.
Call us on 0508 327 872 or Enquire Now
Highlights of the course
- Practical hands-on programme designed to assist skill building and machinist competency
- Sew a variety of complete garments using fully industrial machines
- Opportunities for work experience and real-life clients
- All materials and manuals are provided
- Modern premises with modern machines
- Setting up your own business option – business plans and mentoring
- Text books, manuals, fabric supplied
- Option to purchase an industrial sewing machine to complete the self-directed study component at your home
- Monthly intakes (dependant on available space)
- 19 weeks
- East Tamaki and New Lynn campuses
- Mon – Thurs (two days tutor-led and two days self-directed)
- Refer to the brochure for the course fee.
- Run your own home based business
Further study options